Saturday, January 19, 2013

DAY TWELVE - I'm Still Standin' (yeah! yeah! yeah!)

 Alternate Title: Little Wins

I bet you wondered if there would even be a blog today.  Well that makes two of us.  I am back after a good night’s rest, which means I did not get up at 5am. We’ve all heard it time and time again how the early bird gets the worm but I am not a bird and I have no use for worms, so I feel good about this.

I’ve decided if I am going to make it through this challenge, (and believe you, me, I am), I have to keep “making it my own” as our great leader Sadie keeps telling us.  So that’s exactly what I’m doing... I’m own-ing-it.  The good thing is, “owning it” is getting more and more possible. Even a week ago “making it my own" would have taken me down a slippery slope of danger where likely a tale of gluttony would’ve ensued.  But that was the old me. Now, I am gaining a lot of confidence in my own ability to choose the right things for my body and think it's pretty great.

With Sadie’s perfect planning, she scheduled a Q&A with she and Andrea today and she also sent out next week’s letter early. I found this to be VERY helpful. It was all about the little wins. I like the sound of that. Little wins. Very attainable. Here is a list of some of the little wins I’ve had this week:

1. I did not drink one drop of wine even though I wanted too. This is actually a BIG win (see what happens when you take the “E” off of wine??)
2. I did not get divorced over this, though there were a few situations where there might have been some name-calling.
3. I almost made it through a whole 40 minute workout without any major dramatics, i.e. falling, strained muscles or cramps.
4. I cleaned out my refrigerator and my pantry. This isn’t related to the challenge, but its still a win for everyone involved.
5. I did not lock my kids away in the closet for several hours at a time as I’d done in the prior week (this is a joke, please do not call CPS).
6. The zipper on my jeans now goes all of three little zipper teeth UP. Only 65 more to go.

My meals today were pretty basic. Coffee first. Then a bite of the barre3 “barre”. I’ll put the recipe in below, but this week I added some vanilla to them and also toasted the coconut before adding it. This was a good call.

Barre3 "Barre"

For lunch I had the Eggs and Avocado. I also really like this one. I added some bell pepper and then ate it with raw spinach. Yum.

Eggs and Avocado

For dinner my husband brought home dinner from our favorite Cuban restaurant Versailles. This made me very very happy. I had garlic chicken and black beans.

Since we're at the end of the week I decided to end with a video of Violet, Christy's daughter Chloe and their BFF Otto at their first dance class this past year. If you watch, when I first started Barre3, I probably looked the most like Otto, who is always inventing his own modifications.  I like to think I'm getting a little closer to being like Chloe, who is the most focused 3 year old I've ever met. But realistically, I'll probably always be the most like my daughter Violet who is very unruly and has been asked to leave the class several times.



Have a great day of rest!! See you Monday.

oxoxo

Missy

2 comments:

  1. The early bird can have the stupid worm, because mornings and worms suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I would count #4 and #5 as big wins, personally ... and #2 more along the lines of something magical and mysterious. (Also I laughed out loud. BIG WIN.) Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete