Monday, January 21, 2013

DAY FOURTEEN - Coming Out Swinging

Alternate Title: Or not...

I woke up on the morning of day fourteen, filled with hope and determination. This would not be like last weekend... I was coming out swinging! I’d probably do at least a sixty-minute online class... maybe even two. I was going to make the “favorite granola” and a new batch of donut holes and plan my meals for the next week.

I was going to be unstoppable.

I felt a little foggy, but I probably just needed coffee. When I got to the kitchen, miracle of miracles, no one else was up! So I took my coffee, and my laptop up to my bedroom and snuggled in. I did the usual, first, get on IM to see if my brother was up so I could harass him. Next, I checked out facebook, and then looked to see if anyone had commented on my blog.  I keep hoping that one day I’ll show up and there will be millions of comments of people talking about how skinny and glowy they are. Nope, not yet.  Probably it will happen around day 20.  Then I checked out People.com to see what the celebrities were up to. Next as a kind of palate cleanser I went to Heidi Unplugged, to see where in the world she was. Heidi is a dear childhood friend, who with her husband, decided to quit her job, sell her gorgeous house and take a year to give her children a bit of a worldview. I highly recommend following her journey. It’s amazing and inspiring Here's the link: Heidi Unplugged

Anyway, the next thing you know, its 11 am and I still haven’t done my workout. So I head downstairs, thinking I’ll have my little yogurt bowl and then get it out of the way. My kids are all up by now and Ava, my oldest is getting the younger two breakfast. Violet says something crazy (this is normal) and as I turn to look at her, I realize my neck hurts, not the back, but the front, right above my collar bone. Fun fact about me: I am a certified cyberchondriac. I invent illnesses and injuries for myself and then find them on the internet so that I can diagnose and treat myself, though most of the time my eyes dart to the worst case scenario and I spend the rest of my day freaked out. It’s a cool hobby but pretty time consuming as you can probably imagine.  In this case I couldn’t decide if I had a pulled muscle, or if it was the beginnings of this new super flu that’s been going around. In the end, I decided that just to be safe, I’d better change my rest day from Sunday to Saturday.

So, on day fourteen. I stayed in my PJ’s. Drank a lot of tea. Watched a lot of Brady Bunch reruns with my girls and had a perfect rest day.

Is anyone doing anything exciting with their “rest days”?  


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,

Missy

9 comments:

  1. I took my toddler twins on a solo mission to IKEA. Verrrry restful. Hope you're feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has banned me from Web MD. Every couple of months I diagnose myself with cancer. It's i vicious cycle! Take it easy. Enjoy the unplanned rest day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get to the chiropractor, my girl, you are going to be fine! But I am glad you got some rest and daughter time! I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy, I look forward to reading your blog every day. You inspire me! Yesterday, on my day off I wanted to go get Mexican food- enchiladas dripping with cheese and a big margarita...but then I stopped myself and said, "Missy would resist!" And so I did, and made your fabulous Mexican crockpot chicken instead, which was indeed fabulous. Thanks for the great stories and recipes...keep 'em coming! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word MMG! Thank you for the awesome, sweet mention. I've never been called a palate-cleanser before. More like a pain-in-the-neck...What's your cyberchondriac say to that? Maybe you got it from just reading my blog :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. best line ... "It's a cool hobby but pretty time consuming as you can probably imagine." I'm dying laughing ... I saw that the farmer in the dell's husband banned her from Web MD - well I'm the opposite - I'm so afraid to possibly know what might be going on with all the health issues in my family, that Josh BEGS me to look it up on the interweb - and I refuse because it's like eating rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die. Wait no, that's unforgiveness - but whatever, it's bad, see?

    Listen, I'm not doing any exercising, or any dieting, but your blog is encouraging my soul - because you can't help it Missy. You could encourage people in your sleep. You really do need to do a blog, maybe with a weekly entry or something. Because the world needs YOU. BIG X BIG O

    ReplyDelete