Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DAY SIXTEEN - Never, Ever, Ever Ever, Give Up. -WC



Alternate title: And I Quote

I’m not going to lie to you. When I hit “publish” on yesterday’s blog. I was nervous. Not just butterflies in the stomach kind of nervous, like, freaking out, because I was expecting some backlash from admitting to my shenanigans. That everyone would be disappointed. But your comments were so encouraging. We are in this together and we are going to finish STRONG.

And now a good quote to begin this week:

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.”  - Ralph Waldo Emerson
(you will notice, this is exactly what I did this morning... I rose up after yesterday’s mini-fail!)

Ok and another...

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't.”  - Henry Ward Beecher
(See? So I was thinking we’ll use perseverance for the barre3 classes and obstinacy for not eating forsaken foods.)

And finally:

When you’re going through hell. Keep going.” - Winston Churchill
(HAHAHAHA!! Just kidding Sadie!!! We are not going through hell. This is FUN - right people?)

Ok. Wow. I really need to focus. So anyway, today I woke up raring to go. Thankful for the weekend to be over and routines to kick in. It was a little tricky getting us out the door,  Violet actually just pulled some rain boots over her jammies and called it good.

I met Christy for our walk and lo and behold Chloe was wearing a ballgown and a fur coat. This is what’s fun about having three year olds- they really make each walk a new adventure. 

The Princess and The Homeless Person
It felt great to walk. Christy and I talked about our missteps over the weekend, she was at a family event with nothing but pizza and donuts as far as the eye could see, but we encouraged each other that it was all downhill from here and that even more good things were coming. We also agreed NOT to weigh ourselves until Day 28. See that Christy- now we’re both accountable!

I went home and had the yogurt berry almond breakfast. Then I realized that I only had about 20-minutes for my workout. I remembered that Christy told me about one that’s 10-minutes, called NYC workout. So I did it. Twice. And I loved it. It was sooo cool how she shot it at the Baryshnikov Art Center. And I felt cool doing it too. It made me want to pirouette my way through the rest of the day, but Ava has forbidden me from doing such things in public anymore. So I only did it until I picked her up.:)

This day was one of those crazy busy/where did the time go/I still have so much left to do!!!, kind of days. You’ve had ‘em, so I won’t bore you with the details. But on my way out the door to take a bunch of Jr. High girls to a soccer game, I tossed some chicken breasts in the crockpot with some organic low sugar teriyaki sauce. So when we all got home, exhausted and starving, I just made a little brown rice and did Sadie’s magic stir fry, which seriously, is amazing. Tonight for veggies, I used kale, purple cabbage, red bell pepper and some snow peas. 


It was so good that I skipped the rice and just let my kids have it. Whaaaaaaat? Who am I?? I love rice. By the way, I did take a picture of the chicken, but when I tried to get it off of my iphone, it had mysteriously vanished. If you want to see some really beautiful pictures and yummy recipes and just all around inspiration go to A Farmer in the Dell . My brother is always saying things like. "Why aren't your pictures as gorgeous as hers? Why don't your recipes look like hers?" Well, its because she is a REAL blogger. AND a farmer. AND adorable. 

Anyway, while the rice was cooking I did Sadie’s 10 minute Core Strength. So yep. 30 minutes all together. I bet you couldn’t do that with a gym membership or a trainer.

So that was Tuesday. Wednesday? Bring it.

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on the mini-fails. I feel horrible about them... until I realize my mini-fails were part of my every day life before. It's an accomplishment that I actually want to get back on track afterward. Everybody falls down sometimes- it's whether or not you choose to get back up. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy you give me too much credit!!! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When you're going through hell, keep on going." Rodney Atkins. Not as prestigious but a fun little ditty and it may be a good motivational hiking song :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job my girl! I love that little homeless girl by the way!

    ReplyDelete