Saturday, January 5, 2013

Here Goes...

BLOGGING 
MY WAY THROUGH 
28 TO GREAT

Ok so, here goes nothing. OR, or... here goes something. Something GREAT (see what I did there?). 

First of all, I am not that cute, perky pony-tail swinging girl in the picture above. I took that from the 28 to Great facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/barre3  I am a 43 year old Mom of three. Wife of one. Writer. Volunteer at school and so on and so forth. I'm busy, just like every mom out there working or not. I have made some reeeeeaaaaally bad eating choices over the holidays and am in dire need of either a new wardrobe (with jeans that will button up) or a new workout, eating, life changing kind of plan. I am not horribly overweight by any means. And I really like my body- not for how it looks necessarily, but for the amazing gifts it has given me in growing and feeding three small humans. That said, I think a plan like 28 TO GREAT http://www.barre3.com/28-to-great is a great opportunity to honor the body that God gave me, and to be a little nicer to it.

I will NOT be posting any before pictures, because I don't think humiliating myself is good motivation.  

I'm choosing to do the 28 TO GREAT Challenge  for several reasons. First, I like Sadie. I just like her. She is lovely and unjudgy, and sparkly and a mom. She gets it. She is the founder of Barre3 and seriously seems like SUCH a cool person. I have been doing her online classes off and on for a few months and they just make sense to my body.  

Another reason I chose this plan was the food. I love food. Food is my favorite subject.  I've tried paleo/primal and it just didn't work for me. I've also tried several of Jorge Cruise's ever changing diets and found them unsustainable- at least for me. Sadie and Andrea's whole food approach with portion control just makes sense to me. And the recipes look delish. I've been fooled before- but I'm hoping this is a way of eating I can follow way past day 28.

The third reason is the online barre class option. It takes away any excuses like "I don't have time", "I can't afford a gym membership" etc. You can do a 10 min class while dinner is in the oven, a 30 min class, while your laundry is drying.  It is 100% doable. And I'm going to do it. And talk about it here. I'm hoping it will keep me accountable and maybe encourage someone else. Although most likely my mom, my brother Patrick and my friend Christy (who is doing it with me) will be the only ones to read it... Yeah. So anyway,  here goes! Who's with me??

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be EPIC!! I can't wait to read your thoughts on not drinking wine after the 3rd day kicks in. EEEEEEEEEEEK!

    ReplyDelete